So you'd like to be a provide IABFM training? Well let us explain a little bit about how our licenses are structured and what it takes to be successful.
Owning a license to provide IABFM certification programs is similar to any business; it requires substantial work and commitment to make it success. Be prepared to work long hours especially in the beginning as you are learning your customers needs and demographics.
IABFM is a continuing experience as new products are introduced to meet the needs of the market, provider services improved and member services augmented. The most successful businesses we work with are those that have dedicated owners who have a high level of attention to detail and service. International Academy providers have a distinct advantage in offering a certification product, which differentiates against other non-certified training programs, however, you still need to market and sell effectively to make your business profitable.
What other qualities or traits make a good partner to IABFM?
- A good understanding of the finance sector and operations of a corporation.
In the case of Project Management certification, obviously a good understanding of large scale project mobilization and staffing
- Strong personal network of the principals in the target sector
- Entrepreneurial spirit, looking for new markets and growth
- Energetic, focused and driven approach to business development
- Great enthusiasm for the product and a belief that certification-based training product is superior to stand-alone training programs
- Ability to generate financial reports and business operations plan that show the capability to support the IABFM business
- Strong capability for managing collections from individual clients
- Be able to devote full-time to IABFM activities and promotion
- Willingness to abide by the legal and IP requirements of the license agreement
- Willingness for 2 staff to complete IABFM sales training
- Ability to get the business mobilized and running within 3-4 months from signing the license agreement
Investing in an IABFM Training Business
There are various options available to you, depending on what type of license you wish to realize. Typically we have three modes of cooperation:
- Continued Professional Development Provider - A simple marketing partnership where you are licensed to provide continuing education short-courses to IABFM members and market IABFM tailored training (in-house) programs to corporate clients. You receive a commission for every successful sale or contract of tailored training solutions. Under this license you cannot market designation programs.
A good option for smaller training companies who run existing short course programs.
- Licensee - In this mode you gain status as a licensed provider of IABFM public programs for your area, renewable annually. The license is non-exclusive, and it is assumed you will make use of either your own facilities or publicly available facilities like a 5-star hotel/conference centre for conducting IABFM programs. You are responsible for all marketing, billing, and local coordination of events. In-house sales are referred to IABFM under this model, and you receive an agency commission for successful sales.
A good option for someone looking to start up a small business of their own.
- Exclusive Licensee - A territory exclusive 5-year license is offered to partners who set up a dedicated IABFM training centre. Under this option you are afforded an exclusive license for your territory, with full administrative support from the global team. You are responsible for all marketing, billing, and local coordination of events. In-house corporate sales are permitted and supported under this model, and you receive a revenue share from such contracts. IABFM will actively support you with business development assistance for the first 6-months of your license period.
An option for an investor looking for maximum return.
In new markets, we typically start working with providers by trialing various public programs that have a demonstrated success in multiple, disparate marketplaces. We may mix your own instructors with our own if language/translation is an issue. However, for certified training, the speakers must be accredited IABFM trainers. This means that any speakers or experts you recommend need to attend train-the-trainer (T3) programs, or IABFM needs to source suitable trainers for you. We provide you with marketing and branding support from program materials, to brochure designs which you can print locally, etc.
Apply for a Licensed Provider Information Pack, email@example.com.