Cancellation Policy for IABFM Programs and Events
- If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the registrar, someone else from the same institute/organization.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, and providing the conference organisers are informed in writing by the final date for payment that is displayed on the website for the event in question, a registrant can leave the fee paid with the organisers as payment towards a place at the same event in the future or at another suitable replacement event. In the case of a contributing author, the paper will not be published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference.
- Where the registrant is unable to attend or chooses to withdraw his/her registration, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
3.1. Registrations canceled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
3.2. Registrations canceled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
3.3. Registrations canceled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- For registrations canceled less than 30 days before the event that include accommodation we will attempt to refund the accommodation costs. However as we pay for conference accommodation in advance, this is not always possible. The more notice we have the more likely we are to be successful in refunding you.
- Registrations from authors canceled as a result of a paper not being accepted will be refunded 80% of the registrations fees. The remaining 20% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded all fees paid in excess of US$200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and delegates will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings. Please see clause 4 above regarding accommodation costs.